If you're visiting this site for the first time I'd like to welcome you and say that we appreciate your interest. This site was started as a collection of resources between a few researchers interested in Facebook a few years back and remains today, largely inactive, but available for your use.
What you can find here:
- Some papers and publications on Facebook from a few years back, mostly by graduate students
- Some very limited datasets on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign student population's use of Facebook
- A lightly developed wiki with a listing of other researchers, an outdated bibliography (early 2008 or so), and the framework for a sort of Facebookapedia.
- Some links to guides related to Facebook
- Some ideas for interesting interview & research questions
- A place to get your own work up online, informally published, but placed in a relatively high-profile position
- A partial log of email discussions I've had with people about Facebook research
What you cannot find here:
- An all-encompassing or large-scale dataset on Facebook
- A company, team or community of researchers ready to help you out with your thesis
- Any kind of official or formal affiliation with the Facebook Corporation
- Direct connection to any of the major professors, graduate students or company researchers interested in Facebook
So! With that in mind, feel free to explore or ask me any questions you might have. I'm happy to help give feedback on your research questions or interests, I just may not be able to respond quickly.